The Southwest Virginia Alliance for Manufacturing, Inc.
Title: Program Assistant
Job Status: Part-Time
The Program Assistant will assist the organization’s Executive Director in program development, organization, communications, marketing, administrative duties and overall support of the Southwest Virginia Alliance for Manufacturing and the implementation of its Strategic Plan.
- Create marketing materials and assist in marketing strategy for programs
- Provide support of marketing the Southwest Virginia Advanced Manufacturing Center ofExcellence
- Create and obtain and evaluations from event attendees
- Conduct policy research and literature review
- Survey membership to determine needs
- Compile statistics and information regarding Southwest Virginia manufacturing
- When applicable, assist Executive Director in overseeing intern staff
- Support SVAM Strategic Plan and all goals, objectives, and programs therein
- Represent the organization positively in public at all times by acting as professionalrepresentative of the organization
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining an exemplary and sustainable non-profitorganizationCOMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT
- Assist in drafting, editing and disseminating written communications
- Promote SVAM, especially in the absence of the Executive Director, to increase awarenessand membership with the organization
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining the SVAM website and social media
- Regularly report progress to Executive Director of assigned projects/programs
- Compile program reports of assigned programsADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Assist the Executive Director in meeting preparations
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining financial records
- Provide other administrative and office management support as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
Reporting and Authority
The Program Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director. The Program Assistant has the authority to implement specific delegated tasks and to execute ongoing support activities in accordance with organization guidance, and standards, and will consult with the Executive Director before initiating new assignments, finalizing public communications or making decisions that affect organizational resources.
Qualifications Education: Associates Degree required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be highly self-motivated, self-directed and quick to respond to rapidly-changing demands.
- Must be highly organized with excellent attention to detail and follow-through while managing multiple tasks.
- Must have public speaking ability.
- Must be tech savvy with good computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office, andcomfortable working on Mac computers.Preferred (but not required) Experience:
• Some relevant experience with nonprofit organizations.
• Experience with program development and implementation
• Experience with marketing and marketing materials development.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance. Position will require the use of person’s own vehicle with mileage reimbursement.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.